Tuesday 13 March 2012

Count down - 6 days to go!

Well we are officially in count down mode. With 6 days to go, every little twinge, cramp, movement and toilet trip has me wondering if it's time to get this baby thing happening.
I have been for the last week, been experiencing cramping and have even resorted to timing these moments of cramping to see if it's possibly labour. I of course have been sorely disappointed by this. I have come to realise that it's simply my body going na nana na na and relishing in teasing me. Technical term is its my body preparing for the big day,I however choose to believe I'm just being teased.
So instead of reading into these preparation pains and what not, I have resorted to counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds. This has made me go quietly insane and is making me want to re pack and repack and repack both my bags and bubs bags, go for long walks even though I swear I may have a heart attack and BAKE! I cook and I can admit I cook well but baking, well that's another story. I cannot bake to save myself. I tried making a cake once and it tasted yummy but looked like a large biscuit and the second time, it tasted yummy again but I had to use icing to keep it all together and even then it didn't work. So for me to actually crave baking, means that I am going absolutely insane playing this counting down game. The other option is to go about my daily business, cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking daynes foods, drooling over shoes etc etc and not count down how many hours and minutes left to go tell I meet this little man, this will hopefully cause bub to attend the world soon! This option just doesn't sound appealing to me, why would I want to be normal when I can be going insane and counting down every second till the 20th!
So for now, until I come to my senses I will continue to want to bake, go for long tiring walks and continue counting until all the numbers merge together.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment